2019 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

2019 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Post by Flasher »

Hello, Cherry pallies!  Would you like to participate in a Christmas Ornament exchange this holiday season?  I know it seems early, but we're actually only 77 days away from Christmas!  With sign-ups, shopping, and shipping now seems like a good time to start!

Here are the details:

1.  Sign-ups are now open and will close on October 31, 2019 at midnight!  Please sign up on this thread, and then send me a PM with your name and mailing address.

2.  On November 1, 2019 you will receive a PM from me indicating who you are buying for.

3.  If you choose to sign up and play, please be sure to answer the questions at the end of this post.  This way you will get to know the likes and dislikes of your Chosen Cherry!

4.  As for cost, I'm going to say there is no maximum and no minimum.  There are ornaments in all price ranges.  Just be sure that the ornament is something your gal will truly enjoy.  In years past, some Cherries have sent more than one ornament to their assigned gal.  However you want to handle it is up to you and your budget!

5.  ALL ORNAMENTS SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 6, 2019!  This will give us Cherries ample time to display and enjoy our ornaments. 

6.  If for some reason you sign up and then decide that you can't play for whatever reason, please PM me as soon as possible so that I can make alternate plans.   Also, if life gets in the way and your package is late to go out or will be delayed for any reason at all, be sure to PM me as soon as possible.  We all understand that things happen, but we also want to be sure everyone is kept in the loop and no one is left hanging.   Communication is key!

7.  This Christmas Ornament Exchange is not sponsored or endorsed by ACOT in any way.

8.  Have fun!

Any questions?  Just let me know!

Cherry Christmas Elves
Kimber
Laura
Brandy

Ornament Exchange Cherry Information

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  If you only have a gold tree, let us know.  If you are an Ohio State Fan and your tree is silver and red, let us now!  We want to make you happy!

2.  Does your main Christmas Tree have a theme?  Maybe it Harry Potter, maybe it's the beach, maybe it's pink.   If so, what is it?

3.  What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge?

4.  Do you have any collections on your tree?

5.  Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree?  If so, be sure to tell us!

6.  Anything else?  Whatever you want us to know about your Christmas Tree and decorating style, let us know!
Last edited by Flasher on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Re: 2019 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Post by Flasher »

Of course, I'm in!

1.  I decorate with all colors!  My tree contains every color you can think of, while the rest of the house tends to be the traditional red and green.

2.  I have two main trees -- the large tree has no theme and is an "anything" goes tree!  All colors, creatures (except for the one mentioned in #5), textures, etc. are welcome.  My second tree is a pink tree -- as long as the ornament is pink, I'm happy!

3.  My decorating style is very traditional, with a touch of retro and vintage!  (I just love tracking down decorations from the 60's and 70's!)

4.  No collections on either of my trees!

5.  OK, here goes . . . I HATE snowmen.  Hate them.  Really.  Hate.  Snowmen.  It really is a completely irrational hatred, but it's still there.  Please, in the name of everything that is holy, do not send me a snowman.  Did I mention I hate them?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Clint Bremer
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 112

Post by Clint Bremer »

Laura wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:03 pm
Of course, I'm in!

1.  I decorate with all colors!  My tree contains every color you can think of, while the rest of the house tends to be the traditional red and green.

2.  I have two main trees -- the large tree has no theme and is an "anything" goes tree!  All colors, creatures (except for the one mentioned in #5), textures, etc. are welcome.  My second tree is a pink tree -- as long as the ornament is pink, I'm happy!

3.  My decorating style is very traditional, with a touch of retro and vintage!  (I just love tracking down decorations from the 60's and 70's!)

4.  No collections on either of my trees!

5.  OK, here goes . . . I HATE snowmen.  Hate them.  Really.  Hate.  Snowmen.  It really is a completely irrational hatred, but it's still there.  Please, in the name of everything that is holy, do not send me a snowman.  Did I mention I hate them?
::::packing up as many snowmen (and women) as he can find, getting a box...:::: now where did that tape gun go?.....   : :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Clint Bremer - General Manager
Image     Image     Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm in!

1. I don't stick to just one color. My tree has everything.

2.  No theme. Just lights, and whatever ornaments I want to put on.

3.  I guess you'd call it hodge podge

4.  I collect doggie ornaments. Shocker right? I also like to collect kitty ornaments, anything TEXAS related and I love my flip flops because I can wear them year round.

5.  Not into religion, so no crosses. And some of those woodland creatures can come across as weird looking. You know what I"m talking about. Like a squirrel with a bushy tail and its eyes are red and beady looking like its gonna attack you in the middle of the night. Yeah..not for me. But if its CUTE, I'll like it.

6.  I don't have a tree topper, so I use a big bow or holiday floral sprays in place of it. Been doing that for like 4 years. DH seems to like it. Alot.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:57 pm
I'm in!

4.  I collect doggie ornaments. Shocker right? I also like to collect kitty ornaments, anything TEXAS related and I love my flip flops because I can wear them year round.

5.  Not into religion, so no crosses. And some of those woodland creatures can come across as weird looking. You know what I"m talking about. Like a squirrel with a bushy tail and its eyes are red and beady looking like its gonna attack you in the middle of the night. Yeah..not for me. But if its CUTE, I'll like it.

6.  I don't have a tree topper, so I use a big bow or holiday floral sprays in place of it. Been doing that for like 4 years. DH seems to like it. Alot.

Kind of like these, Brandy?

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Laura wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:57 pm
I'm in!

Kind of like these, Brandy?

Haha! YES! THose freak me out! But put a scarf on a squirrely...it turns into CUTE....like this one:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 86

Post by Monroe1218 »

I'm in!!

1.  I don't really stick to one color - my tree has all colors - but not a lot of pink or purple.
2. No real theme.  We buy an ornament from wherever we go on vacation, big milestones, etc.  
3.  I'm going to say my style is traditional vintage.... if that makes sense?  
4.  No real collections on my tree other than ornaments from where we have been
5.  I'm not a huge fan of pink or purple - and tend to lean more towards gold than silver - but silver is perfectly fine....
6. Can't really think of anything else - I love Christmas!!
Rebecca

cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

Count me in.

Do I really need to answer the questions individually!?

I love wooden ornaments...old fashion Santa or not so old fashion. I do like snowmen.  My all time favorite is winnie the pooh. Love ornaments that have the year on them.

My tree is green. 

Christine
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 437

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

I WILL TRY THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE FUN

MY INFO

MY TREE IS A 7 1/2 FT GREEN TREE WITH AMBER LIGHTS THIS YEAR & BLUE GARLAND.... MY ORANMENTS ARE A MIX OF EVERYTHING I EVEN HAVE SUGAR BEAR ORANMENTS THAT PLAY MUSIC.... I GOT THEM FROM THE CEREAL BACK IN THE 70'S... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE SNOWMEN & ANYTHING THAT IS METAL LIKE.... MY BIGGEST PEVEE IS LARGE ORANMENTS I REALLY LIKE SMALL ORANMENTS THAT ARE ABOUT 3 TO 3 1/2 IN IN SIZE... DON'T MIND IF THEY HAVE BELLS ON THEM EITHER OR IF YOU FIND THEM IN A SECOND HAND STORE …. I LIKE SOME VINTAGE ORANMENTS... LIKE I SAID MY ORANMENTS ARE MORE HODGE PODGE....I DECORATE WITH ALL COLORS LOVE THE MULTI LOOK THE MOST... NOT A FAN OF STAR WARS, HARRY POTTER, OR THE ALIKE....

VALERIE
Last edited by VALERIE 03/22 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 6

Post by Jenni328 »

1. What colors do you decorate your tree with during the holidays?  Every color as I have many trees.

2.  Does your main Christmas Tree have a theme?  The three main trees are "childhood" my kids and family ornaments, Santa tree, I love vintage santas, old world santas, vintage reindeer ornaments but also like the newer stuff as well. Third one is my angel tree. But I have more than three. Its really an addiction lol.

3.  What is your decorating style . . . traditional, formal, primitive, country, hodge podge? hodge podge, I am not picky

4.  Do you have any collections on your tree? Not a certain make or anything like that, no

5.  Is there anything or any color you would not like to see on your tree?  no, I have serioulsy so many trees i put up, it will find a home.

6.  Anything else? I like it all. I would love to find a vintage peacock ornament!
Last edited by Jenni328 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

We have all sorts of variety on our trees. We collect schnauzer ornaments, nativities, food ornaments,For example hot dog pizza etc. those were a few that we have just to give you an idea.

We also love anything traditional Christmas anything goes on our tree.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Jenni328
Cherry Picker

Post by Jenni328 »

I love my peacock ornament!!! Thank you. I'll add picture when I hv more time, but I love it!
Jenni328
Cherry Picker

Post by Jenni328 »

I just wanted to say thank you for the beautiful angel ornament i received!!! I sent mine out today. Not sure if this is the right place to post this though.
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 592

Post by Shutterbug »

Jenni328 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:22 pm
I just wanted to say thank you for the beautiful angel ornament i received!!! I sent mine out today. Not sure if this is the right place to post this though.

I am so glad you like.  I wanted to send you something from UTAH.  as well as the Peacock. We have a lot in common. 

Here is the link of where they are posting so you see what others received etc. 

https://www.acherryontop.com/forum/view ... 3&t=266506
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Return to “Christmas Ornament Exchange”