Flasher's LO Challenge #2 - Time Passsages

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Flasher's LO Challenge #2 - Time Passsages

Post by Flasher »

My second Layout Challenge for my Cherry Friends is to make a layout that shows or references the passing of time.  It can be about anyone or anything, have lots of pictures or no pictures, lots of journaling or no journaling.  As long as the concept of the layout shows time has moved, you're good.

This challenge will be open to submissions until Saturday, May 12 at 11:59 PM.  No combining.  One layout per person.  Must be a new layout.  Open to both digital and paper. 

***** IMPORTANT *****

Must be posted to the NSD 2018 Celebration Gallery to be eligible, but please also post your entry to my Time Passages Challenge Gallery so that I can keep track of all my participants.
One winner will be randomly selected to receive 1000 points.  

Music is a big part of my life.  After my family, the biggest.  After my family, I can honestly say music is the one thing I don't think I could live without.  I have thousands of songs that I love, but only one (now two) truly FAVORITE songs.  My example layout has extensive (hidden) journaling about my favorite song, "Nights in White Satin".  It has been my favorite song since I was 4 years old.  Whenever I hear it, my body both calms, and yet I often get chills.  As I kid, I never comprehended the lyrics, but as an adult I appreciate them.  I love the orchestrations, the tone, everything.  No other song EVER gave me the same feeling -- until 2015 when the song "Renegades" by X Ambassadors was released.  I get a nearly identical feeling when I hear that song.  It dawned on me that it took nearly half a century for someone to create a piece of music that gave me the same wonderful feeling I get when I hear "Nights In White Satin".  So I scrapped the passage of time -- the 1967 release of "Nights In White Satin" and the 2015 release of "Renegades".  I got album/cd cover images for each artist showing where each song shows up.  You can open the little album covers to reveal the lyrics. 

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Re: Flasher's LO Challenge #2 - Time Passsages

Post by Flasher »

Bump!  Things moved so fast at times yesterday, my poor little challenge got buried.  Bumping so everyone can see!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5417

Post by Deanna13 »

Really amazing example for your challenge, Laura!! Image
Image Image ImageImage
wimom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 671

Post by wimom »

I was on the board all day yesterday but somehow missed this! So many good challenges yesterday, I hope I get a chance to do this one!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Yeah, I missed this, too!  Just sent Deanna the link to put it on the Master Thread. :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Post by DN in MN »

It is now linked to the Master thread :)  Wowsers.. Image
2024 Layout goal ~ 6/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by DolphinSoul »

Glad to see this! Yeah It was some crazy posting yesterday, a lot of things got buried. 

? for the challenge..can it be time passing in a photo of the same event..like I have a group of photos that shows us trying to stay serious..busting up laughing..then serious again. So its showing our emotions in that 'time'. Or are you wanting more Past to Current? 

Just looking through my photos and wondering! 
~ Carissa ~

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

DolphinSoul wrote:Glad to see this! Yeah It was some crazy posting yesterday, a lot of things got buried. 

? for the challenge..can it be time passing in a photo of the same event..like I have a group of photos that shows us trying to stay serious..busting up laughing..then serious again. So its showing our emotions in that 'time'. Or are you wanting more Past to Current? 

However you want to show your time is fine by me! 

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Laura wrote:
DolphinSoul wrote:Glad to see this! Yeah It was some crazy posting yesterday, a lot of things got buried. 

my question kinda goes along with this, I have a series of photo's taken one right after the other - so that would be okay, right?  Different stages of dog moving (of course) in photo
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

sdwhru wrote:
Laura wrote:

my question kinda goes along with this, I have a series of photo's taken one right after the other - so that would be okay, right?  Different stages of dog moving (of course) in photo
OK by me! 

stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Wow - I thought I caught everything but never saw this one!  Thanks for bumping!
- Valerie/stateless
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

I missed this one, too. Fantastic example for your cool challenge.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

what a great challenge
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1702

Post by lissahope26 »

posted to gallery also
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1032

Post by love2stamp »

ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

My entry (look ladies - a rubon - remember those??) LOL
wimom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 671

Post by wimom »

Here's mine. Used photos of my son's dog, Teddy, on his first day with my son and then on sweet puppy's first birthday to show passage of time.
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Jan G.
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 86

Post by Jan G. »

My submission of my "baby" girl from one month to 20 yrs.  Time really does pass too fast!

Jan G.
Jan G.
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 86

Post by Jan G. »

wimom wrote:Here's mine. Used photos of my son's dog, Teddy, on his first day with my son and then on sweet puppy's first birthday to show passage of time.

Love this layout and that sweet face!
Jan G.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I've been meaning to do this LO for a long time. In 2014 we recreated a 2001 picture Image

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “NSD Celebration 2018”