*WINNER* Flasher's Ad Inspiration Challenge

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

ScrapyCandy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Re: Flasher's Ad Inspiration Challenge

Post by ScrapyCandy »

I was born in the 1950's and this is the ad for my inspiration.
I made a card using the main colors in the ad, yellows, green and blue.
I used block style letters and a word bubble, as did the ad.
The silver swirls represent the water pouring out of the pitcher in the ad.
AND I had fun.

Scrapycandy
ScrappyRN74
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 689

Post by ScrappyRN74 »

I was born in the 1970s so I drew inspiration from the large oval shape in the ad.
Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage
lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Post by lmcgill »

1950’s, yellows, blue and green colors were the inspiration.
Last edited by lmcgill on Sat May 18, 2024 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tammey
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2115

Post by Tammey »

My ad is the 1960's. My inspration was...

colors
grid
small circles on phone receiver
the word color in the title

Image Image Image Image Image

Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

I used the ad from the 50's.  And yes, we drank kool-aid everyday too.  My inspiration for my card was the colors yellow, green and some dark brown.  I also layered my title on white like the word bubble.

Image ImageImage
jordanbev5
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 190

Post by jordanbev5 »

I was born in 1959, so am using that ad! I was inspired by the roundness of the pitcher and the golden color with the background paper with it's big circle of a wave and the golden colors of the sunset. I used 2 Distress Oxides to stencil the sunset to give it a more 3D look like the ad's colors. I also added a green glass matching the green box, and the glass has yellow liquid as well to match that detail on the box of Kool-aid. The Sparkling yellows across the ad were mimicked in my Sun Shaker that I handmade (and made many mistakes so it took hours!!) and added gold beads to the inside to match the word "Golden" in the ad's title. My title was to match the bottom of the ad with yellow and green which were cut from my Cricut. Yellow Art Glitter was added as well to match the golden.
ImageImage
lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 449

Post by lisn2cats »

I was born in the 60s!
Image  ImageImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:00 pm
Here's mine. I'm a 50's Baby Boomer so I used the Koolaid ad for inspiration. I was inspired by several things. First - the various shade of orange that all blend together - the background paper is all shades of orange. There is also a hint of green in the ad, and likewise this paper has just a hint of green in it. Finally, the simplicity of the ad - I kept the layout simple, just the pics, the title, a couple banner flags, a small quote and 3 simple embellies.
Imagegoing, going, gone

I love the orange paper!  It matches the pics so well!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

trainmom wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:17 pm
I was born in 1964 so I got this one:
I really could have done a lot with this because both my Dad and I worked for Bell Labs which is the same parent company as Western Electric. However, this would have involved looking through my basement for slides of photos and then scanning them in and I ended up not having time for that. So, I made a card. I was inspired by the grid background, the colors, and a telephone.

thanks for a great challenge.

Such a pretty card!  I love the princess phone ephemera!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

silvia2 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:49 pm
I was inspired by the phone receivers and the blues and greens of some of the telephone receivers.

Great card!  He's kind of cute!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Jessica Haab wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:59 am

80’s Ad Inspiration…used the end of surfboard shape, the citrus in the ad, the summer time feel.
What fun colors!  I love all those cute embellies!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

mrozwood wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 2:56 pm
I'm a product of the 80s!

The kids are comfy......

I love that there's actually a Rubik's Cube in the photo!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

cbee wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:37 am

I was born in the 1950's and this is the ad for my inspiration.
I made a card using the main colors in the ad, yellows, green and blue.
I used block style letters and a word bubble, as did the ad.
The silver swirls represent the water pouring out of the pitcher in the ad.
AND I had fun.

Great work with the ad!  The card is gorgeous!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

ScrappyRN74 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:46 am
I was born in the 1970s so I drew inspiration from the large oval shape in the ad.

Your oval frames are beautiful! 

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

lmcgill wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:46 am
Pretty!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

tmp718 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:37 am
My ad is the 1960's. My inspration was...

colors
grid
small circles on phone receiver
the word color in the title

So pretty!  Love your design!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Sandi0805 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:59 pm
I used the ad from the 50's.  And yes, we drank kool-aid everyday too.  My inspiration for my card was the colors yellow, green and some dark brown.  I also layered my title on white like the word bubble.

ImageImage
Such a sweet card!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

fundays wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:10 pm
ImageImage
I was born in 1959, so am using that ad! I was inspired by the roundness of the pitcher and the golden color with the background paper with it's big circle of a wave and the golden colors of the sunset. I used 2 Distress Oxides to stencil the sunset to give it a more 3D look like the ad's colors. I also added a green glass matching the green box, and the glass has yellow liquid as well to match that detail on the box of Kool-aid. The Sparkling yellows across the ad were mimicked in my Sun Shaker that I handmade (and made many mistakes so it took hours!!) and added gold beads to the inside to match the word "Golden" in the ad's title. My title was to match the bottom of the ad with yellow and green which were cut from my Cricut. Yellow Art Glitter was added as well to match the golden.
Pretty!  Love your little sun shaker!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Lisn2cats wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:36 pm
I was born in the 60s!

Very creative use of the ad!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Re: *WINNER* Flasher's Ad Inspiration Challenge

Post by Flasher »

Bumped with WINNER in OP!

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2024”