• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Fair enough. I am just giving my interpretation of your reviews and I think it's fair for example the earlier poster to believe you disliked it. I mean, we come here to discuss the anime and your review. I'm not criticizing your opinion. I obviously got the wrong impression as well.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:59 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda sad how this arc will just be training. I mean the first minutes of this episode were a full tease of how awesome could the awesome fights with so many Hashiras against demons could be but the rest of the entire episode was just random gags and interactions.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I haven't been keeping up with DS since Mugen Train but I wanted to add that Syoboi has this season listed up to 12 episodes with none marked as the end. Either this means a lot of original content or they're gonna adapt the start of the next arc too.

https://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/7048/time
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:51 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
It's kinda sad how this arc will just be training. I mean the first minutes of this episode were a full tease of how awesome could the awesome fights with so many Hashiras against demons could be but the rest of the entire episode was just random gags and interactions.

Unless they suddenly inject a LOAD of anime only filler content I think we're on for crossing over in to Infinity Castle arc in this seasons.

Episode 2 ends with chapter 131. That's 4 chapters in 2 episodes. Hashira training is 128 to 136 meaning 5 manga chapters left which is at this pace 2 - 2.5 episodes worth.

spoiler[As mentioned previously I really think this season is going to end on a UFOTable mega troll of the moment Muzan drops them in to the infinity castle...This is stinking of a movie coming...BADLY....]
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:37 am Reply with quote
An episode about Takahiro Sakurai might be better than Shinono despite the former's controversy. At least this flashback didn't interrupt a single fight like previous seasons
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:49 am Reply with quote
No James have no fear if my pacing predictions are proven right - all hell breaks loose in the back half of this season
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:09 am Reply with quote
It worked ok enough in the manga, where 1.5 chapters were spent on this B plot and the C plots at the beginning and end. Too bad it became a whole episode. The A plot (that is, the titular training) returns next week, for what it's worth.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:28 am Reply with quote
I personally really like the focus on Giyu this episode. It feels kinda insulting to him that the reviewer is giving him the "Who?" treatment considering he's the one who got Tanjiro into this whole demon slayer business in the first place. Forgetting Sabito I can kinda get but his design stands out a lot to me so I'd find it difficult to forget who he is completely.

And now that I mentioned him, there was something that bothered me about the flashback. They say that the only person who died that day was Sabito but wasn't there also another girl disciple who took part in that selection too? I could swear it was shown way way back that the girl was horribly killed by the hands demon that Sabito lost his composure & died from a reckless attack. I'm not getting things mixed up here, am I?
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:35 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
And now that I mentioned him, there was something that bothered me about the flashback. They say that the only person who died that day was Sabito but wasn't there also another girl disciple who took part in that selection too? I could swear it was shown way way back that the girl was horribly killed by the hands demon that Sabito lost his composure & died from a reckless attack. I'm not getting things mixed up here, am I?

I was wondering the same thing, actually.
KayWhy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:48 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:

you might be thinking of makomo?
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:49 am Reply with quote
KayWhy wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

Yeah I guess that is her name now that u mentioned it but thats besides the point. Did she not join Sabito in that same final selection test or am I getting the timelines all mixed up?
KayWhy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:53 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
KayWhy wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

Yeah I guess that is her name now that u mentioned it but thats besides the point. Did she not join Sabito in that same final selection test or am I getting the timelines all mixed up?

yeah, they were in different selections. i believe they never actually met each other in person
KayWhy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:55 am Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
No James have no fear if my pacing predictions are proven right - all hell breaks loose in the back half of this season

at the pace the series is going at the moment youre probably right
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:55 am Reply with quote
You're getting it a bit mixed up, yeah. Makomo and Sabito were both students of Urokodaki who died to that demon during their selection exams, but they happened separately. According to the demon, Makomo went into a rage and lost control when she learned he'd been hunting down Urokodaki's disciples during the exams. He also says that Sabito wasn't able to cut through his neck, and we see Sabito's sword breaking. But nothing said suggests they were during the same selection.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 11:05 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
You're getting it a bit mixed up, yeah. Makomo and Sabito were both students of Urokodaki who died to that demon during their selection exams, but they happened separately. According to the demon, Makomo went into a rage and lost control when she learned he'd been hunting down Urokodaki's disciples during the exams. He also says that Sabito wasn't able to cut through his neck, and we see Sabito's sword breaking. But nothing said suggests they were during the same selection.

Ok yeah I see. it was Makomo who lost her composure & died while Sabito was mostly just careless. Somehow, I mixed the 2 events together in my head. It has been a while since those early starting episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5